Top 4 Non-Chocolate Easter Gift Ideas
On the hunt for unique Easter gifts?
While it’s true that Easter usually means chocolate (because we also can’t resist some chocolatey goodness when Easter comes around!), there are also plenty of non-chocolate gifts that are a fantastic alternative to chocolate Easter eggs.
If you’re looking for unique Easter gifts, here are our top 4 gift ideas for Easter that will delight your loved ones:
Grow Your Own Plant Kit
Spring has sprung! With the weather getting better and flowers like tulips and daffodils are starting to blossom, there’s no better gift for this season than a Grow your Own Plant Starter Kit. Watch it grow from a seed to sprout to a fully grown plant and soon home will be looking blooming marvellous in no time. Spread the joy of Spring with this fun Easter gift that both children and adults will love.
Alternatively, how about gifting them a Grow Your Vegetables or Fruit Starter Kit? There are many fruits and vegetables that can be planted and grown in spring including strawberries, tomatoes and cucumbers. Growing your own produce can be very rewarding and so this would make a fantastic gift for any budding gardeners.
Make your Easter gift extra special this year and gift your family and friends a personalised mug made by yours truly.
- Buy some inexpensive white ceramic/porcelain cups or mugs. Don’t forget to remove the price sticker and thoroughly clean the mug before drawing on it.
- Pick a sharpie. Choose oil-based paint Sharpie markers and do not use regular sharpies as they do not work. Select one or several colours for your design. Note that some colours will get darker after baking.
- Start drawing. Plan and sketch your design on a piece of paper before you draw on the mug. Not sure what design to draw on the mug, how about ‘Every bunny loves Ochil Fudge’? It’s the perfect quote for Easter! Or find more inspiration online by searching for quotes or cute graphics to add to the mug.
- Let the mug dry overnight or longer before putting it into the oven to bake. If you plan to draw over it again, be sure to leave it out to dry again before baking.
- Bake the mug. Place it in the cold oven then set it to 220 degrees Celsius for one hour and then leave it to cool in the oven. It is important that you put the mug in the oven when it's still cold to allow the ceramic to gradually heat up and prevent it from cracking, and the same rule applies when leaving the mug to cool down in the oven. It’s best to bake the mugs in the evening so you can leave them in the oven overnight to cool down completely. Optional: you can also bake the mugs again to ensure that the design is fully set and again, let the mug fully cool down before usage.
- Care and wash. We’d recommend hand washing your mugs so that the design on the mug lasts longer.
Why not include a pack of hot chocolate and marshmallow along with the personalised mug? Fill up the mug with hot chocolate and make some cute bunnies out of marshmallows, kids will love this indulgent fun treat. Or gift your loved one their favourite brand of tea or coffee. This would be a wonderful gift accompaniment for any tea or coffee lover.
Create a Hamper Basket
Fancy treating your family and friends to the ultimate gift this Easter? Gift them a luxury Easter hamper that’s bursting with sweet treats and goodies. The best thing about creating a hamper basket is that you can tailor it according to your loved ones’ likes and preferences.
There are so many kinds of hamper baskets that you can create. If you’re struggling with ideas, here are some great hamper baskets you could create: a luxury food and drinks hamper, a tea time treats hamper, a wine and cheese hamper, and a self-care basket. With so many to choose from, pick a theme that you know your family or friend will enjoy and then create the perfect hamper gift for him or her.
And for the little ones, fill the hamper with fun goodies for them. How about a crafts kit, colouring books, an Easter Lego set or books? A cute stuffed animal, like a bunny or chick, will be popular with children. And don’t forget to pop in an Easter egg for them to nibble on this Easter.
And, do you know what else could be added to the hamper basket to make the gift even more perfect? A sweet treat from Ochil Fudge, of course!
Easter Treats and Gifts
It wouldn’t be Easter without Hot Cross Bun and luckily, our exclusive Hot Cross Bun Fudge is now on sale. Sweet and scrumptious, this seasonal bar contains a secret spice mix and luscious raisins that taste just like warmed buns straight from the oven. Everyone’s going to want a piece of this Easter delight so get it while it’s still available. This limited edition fudge can be bought as individual bars or as part of the Fudge Selection Box.
You can’t forget devouring chocolate at Easter and we’ve also got eggstraordinary Chocolate Fudges that are just as good as the classic Easter eggs. Our Chocolate Lovers Fudge Gift Box is the ultimate gift for any chocoholics and it includes the following: Death by Chocolate, Espresso Chocolate, Chocolate Orange and After 8 Fudge. Click here to explore our full Chocolate Fudge collection.
Treat family and friends to this wonderful Scottish gift: the Ochil Fudge Gift Cube. Each collectable Gift Cube features the stunning landscape of Ochil Hills, Stirling, Wallace Monument and more. Inside, you’ll find lots of fudge cut into bite-sized pieces - perfect for sharing! Choose from Just Plain Fudge, Scottish Tablet, Salted Caramel Fudge and Deanston Whisky Fudge.
And there’s no better gift than our bestselling Build a Box where you create a Fudge Selection Box that contains 4 of their favourite flavours. With over 30 flavours to choose from, the only hard choice is choosing which flavours to add to the gift box! Or check out our selection of pre-filled Fudge Gift Boxes that are perfect for gifting. They are also letterbox friendly so why not surprise your family and friends by sending them a sweet surprise to enjoy this Easter.
Want to explore the full Ochil Fudge collection? Click here.
And these are our top 4 unique gifts for Easter that are a great alternative to the classic Easter egg chocolates. Let us know if you have any other great gift ideas for Easter.
Have a Happy Easter from all of us at Ochil Fudge!